Thursday, April 8, 2010

Civil War Quilts

About twelve years ago Judie Rothermel released her first Civil War collection of fabrics. They were gorgeous and I still treasure my scraps. I made my quilt Civil War 1, and taught so many classes and sold so many patterns.  I eventually retired the quilt to my pile of treasures and made Civil War 2, when Judie Rothermel released the next collection. Over the years more Civil war collections have been released than I care to count on and I did make a Civil War 3 quilt. I have them all at home and dearly love all of them.
Next year is the 150th anniversary of the start of the Civil War, a tribute collection has been released by Judie Rothermel and it is time to make a Civil war baby. My quilts will feature in an upcoming issue of Quilters Companion along with the pattern of my new quilt, so today I have been drawing and planning.
My father's family were pioneers of North America, and I have always taken a keen interest in American history.

Civil War 1


which was followed by Civil War 2

and then came Civil War 3




and now for a baby!

Who said quilts don't breed?

6 comments:

  1. WOW WOW and WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh lovely, I can't wait to see the new baby CW quilt..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to the new arrival!
    Hugs Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Breathtaking... Truly amazing quilts!
    Can't wait to see your newest addition.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting, I still have civil war 1 in waiting!

    ReplyDelete